Saturday, February 17, 2007

I've lost my mind.

I think maybe the winter has taken its toll. We started our Saturday in the usual way: going to a reptile show, searching for a girlfriend for our gecko. Then something happened. I stopped to look at this cool snake just long enough for my wife to say, "do you want a snake?" Within seconds it turned into "let's get a snake," "we should get a snake," and then, before I realized what was happening, I felt like I had won when I was the one who actually got to pick out WHICH snake we were getting.

The winner was Belle (short for Cabelas, another transparent ploy to make this seem like my idea), a Florida king snake, and she's cool. Way cool. So that brings us up to three horses, two dogs, a gecko and a snake. I imagine it's only a matter of time before I have a special aquarium with moving water and a pod of brook trout. Now THAT one really WILL be my idea!

4 comments:

opax said...

I don't really like snakes, but somehow Belle looks pretty to me.

Can't wait to see picture of your brook trout aquarium!

Ed. said...

A brookie aquarium would be cool. But I can just imagine the set up to provide constant current of fresh water. Years to build huge pumps that make all kinds of noise and take up the whole back yard. Won't be long before I'll be commonly known as the Crazy Trout Guy. Or, more accurately, the Crazy Single Trout Guy!

Unknown said...

The snake is way cool. Way more cool than fish at the end of the day, and I like fish.

Ed. said...

Thanks! She is neat, and seems to be settling in comfortably in her new home.

Seems like forever since I've even seen a fish.

I should post a picture of our gecko, I don't think Stewie has made his debut on the blog yet...