Friday, February 29, 2008

Fish Art Collection Expanding Quickly!


I've written here before about the stunning trout illustrations of Jared Miller. I'm proud to say my very own Jared Miller original arrived today. He had sent me a photo of it, my very first brook trout from Maryland's North Branch of the Potomac, but photos can not do justice to the remarkable detail. I can't wait to get it framed and display it proudly.

My father in law Bill gave me this beautiful gift, a print by Linda Roberts. I've always been fascinated by watercolor. Possibly because although I've been an artist at some capacity my entire life, I have never been able to grasp watercolor. My brain just doesn't work that way. But I'm glad to have this example heading off to the framers as well. (The awkward angle of the photo here was the only way I could get a picture without the glare of the flash.)

2 comments:

opax said...

The brook trout looks amazing, a fish that has been in your hands.

And, I have your Jay's brook tout on the wall above the TV. Thanks again, Ed.

Olli

Ed. said...

Thanks so much, Olli! I like the new look of your site, by the way.