Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Spring has officially reached Virginia

But maybe not for long. Tomorrow starts warm and then gets down to freezing again overnight. But this cherry tree in our back yard is blooming for the first time. Year one we bought it after spring and it had leaves on it. Year two it didn't bloom at all, not sure why but I was convinced it, like every other tree we've tried to plant at this location, was going to die. But the third year's the charm, and I'm psyched. Not a minute after I took this picture, four deer crossed the yard next to ours and would have been visible behind the fence you see in this photo. Would have made a really cool photo, huh? I know! Too bad I just stood there like a dumbass, trying to get my dog to notice the deer, pointing beyond the fence with the camera still in my hand. Oh well, wasn't the first blown opportunity for a good shot, and it certainly won't be the last!

No comments: